1725 Lincoln Road, NE
Washington, DC 20002
P: (202) 635-1041
F: (202) 635-0203
Mon–Fri | 24 hours
- 24-hour residential monitoring
- Capacity: 100 Men
- Lockers and drawers available to store personal belongings
- Homeless men who are 18 and older and reside in the District of Columbia
The Emery Work Bed Program (EWBP) is specifically tailored to the needs of homeless men who are employed or in job training.
The EWBP can serve up to 100 men. The primary objective is to assist men in sustaining employment and moving into permanent housing. Program participants must be willing to accept case management services, meet with case management staff weekly and develop and follow an Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
Hours of Operation
24 hours a day; 7 days a week
Intake & Screening
Applications for transitional housing are accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. During the intake process, clients will provide basic information such as name, date of birth, social security number, and proof of employment or job training, complete and provide required supporting documentation.
General Supportive Services
- Assigned Bed & Storage bins
- Case Management
- Employment Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Housing Placement Assistance
General Eligibility Criteria
Listed below are the key pre-admission requirements. Other requirements will be discussed during the intake process.
- Homeless men who are 18 and older and reside in the District of Columbia.
- Employed at least twenty (20) hours per week, or enrolled in a job training program. The combination of work and job training must be at least twenty (20) hours per week.
- If not in training program, submit written verification of employment on employer’s letterhead and provide your last three pay stubs.
- Present Tuberculosis (TB) test at admission.
- Police clearance letter within the last 30 days.
- Participate in structured meetings covering areas related to substance abuse, personal hygiene, life skills training (i.e., financial management) and job readiness.
An overview orientation of the programs and services at Emery is conducted each Wednesday, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.