Park Road Transitional Program
ACTING PROGRAM DIRECTOR
1318 Park Road, NW
Washington, DC 20010
P: (202) 328-9680
F: (202) 299-0827
Mon–Fri | 24 hours
- 24-hour residential monitoring
- Capacity: 12 Men
- Referral required
- Residential beds in a home-like family environment
Park Road Transitional Program can accommodate up to 12 men who are homeless and are in transition from a substance abuse treatment program emergency shelter or other crisis situation.
Along with other trained staff, a Program Director is onsite to manage shelter operations. A Social Worker helps to formulate and facilitate an Individual Service Plan (ISP) to include helping the participant obtain and remain in permanent housing, helping develop independent living skills, stabilizing his recovery from substance abuse and finding employment.
Homeless men, 18 and older who have been referred by area shelters, District government agencies, drug rehabilitation facilities, and other social services organizations.
Hours of Operation
24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
General Supportive Services
- Case Management
- Job Search Services
- Life Skills
- Stress Management
- Counseling & Support Groups
- Various employment-related programs
General Eligibility Criteria
Listed below are some of the key admission requirements. Other requirements will discussed during the intake process.
- Homeless men who are 18 and older and reside in the District of Columbia.
- Prior to entry, you must be drug free for at least 60 days.
- Tuberculosis (TB) test must be current (within 6 months).
- You must provide a referral from a social services agency verifying you are homeless.
- Submit a police clearance no older than 30 days.
- Participate in structured meetings covering areas related to substance abuse, personal hygiene, life skills training (i.e., financial management) and job readiness.